Benjamin R. Ogletree has significant experience in representing companies and individuals in a broad array of civil litigation at both the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts, and before arbitrators. He has successfully litigated cases involving healthcare, insurance, employment, discrimination, shareholder’s rights and corporate governance, contracts and tort actions, unfair competition cases, securities, financial fraud, bribery, and other private disputes. Mr. Ogletree also assists clients in helping to prevent and detect potential problems before they arise by devising, strengthening and implementing compliance programs and procedures, training employees, and conducting internal investigations. Mr. Ogletree also has broad experience in crafting and enforcing arbitration agreements and other alternative dispute resolution contracts.
In addition, Mr. Ogletree represents businesses and individuals in civil, criminal and administrative matters, including proceedings before the U.S. Department of Justice, SEC, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, FINRA and the NYSE. Mr. Ogletree has represented clients in matters involving a diversity of securities and other regulatory enforcement issues, including broker-dealer regulation, insider trading, market manipulation, financial fraud and other securities fraud liability, and the Federal Sentencing Guidelines. Mr. Ogletree also has experience in helping clients navigate the U.S. import/export laws and regulations in matters before the Office of Foreign Assets Control, the Commerce Department and other government agencies.
Mr. Ogletree also has significant knowledge and experience with the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Foreign Agents Registration Act.
- Civil Litigation and Appeals
- White Collar Defense & Investigations
- Securities Litigation
- District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1998
- College of Charleston, B.A., 1994